Il y a 9 moisOur central octagonal fountain in stone in Panama !
Il y a 2 ans
The ESTAILLADES STONE is a sedimentary rock. This beautiful white limestone is a bit chalky but has a fairly homogenous fine and compact grain.
This natural stone is quarried near the town of Oppède, located on the North face of the mountain Luberon, south of the RN 100, 10 km East of Cavaillon, in the Vaucluse department.
♦ CHARACTERISTICS :
- Geological position : Tertiary, Miocene age, Burdigalian soil
- Bulk density : 1 910 à 1 990 kg/m3
- Porosity (norm NF EN 1936) : 26,3% à 29,3 %
- Water absorption by capillarity (norm NF EN 1925) :
- C2 parallel absorption 203,6 g/m².s0.5
- C1 perpendicular absorption 200,9 g/m².s0.5
- Speed of the sound propagation (norm NF B 10-505) :
- parallel to the quarry bed 3 075 m/s
- perpendicular to the quarry bed 3 070 m/s
- Measurement of strength resistance during flexion (norm NF EN 12372) : 3,3 à 5,3 MPa
- Abrasion (norm NF EN 14157) : 29,0 mm
- Compression : 13,8 Mpa
- Slippery test (norm NF EN 14231) : 85
- Frost resistance test (norm NF EN 12371) : 24 cycles
♦ MAIN USES :
The Estaillades limestone is certainly one of the best known "natural stone from the South of France". And rightly so ! This homogeneous limestone presents a clear tone, almost white in the sun. Its facility to be cut , carved and sculpted, as well as its resistance to temperature changes, make it the stone of choice for a fireplace. But it can also be used for benches, fountains, tables, sinks or floorings...
- Interior and exterior paving and flooring
- Balustrades, walls, couvertines
- Stairs and steps
- Door frames and window frames
- Curbstones for swimming pools
- Fountains and basins
- Garden furniture, kitchen furniture, bathroom furniture
- Sinks and bowls
- Tables and benches
- Historical monuments